Sunday, September 30, 2007

:)




Everybody who knows me saying THIS can’t be imagined as my hobby. Because they know how I leave my room so messy, and how I dislike wearing girly clothes, such as skirts or lacy blouses. However, I like sewing, making things with fabric and embroidering. I’ve always like these kind of things since I was little child. My mom always hates me sewing, sine she thinks that I’m wasting my time. Despite her opinion, somehow I’m still carrying this as one of my hobbies. I know what my mom’s trying to say, it does takes lots of time, moreover it makes my posture worse and worse, and also my eyesight. What makes me get into this sewing thing is the pleasure of accomplishment. I once read the phrase that accomplishment is the most pleasant emotion that human can feel. When I finish one piece of work, I’m full with certain delight which comes from the fact that I made a thing from a piece of fabric. Among the various handmade jobs, my favorite is making teddy bears. The most recent one I made has brown fur, relatively huge head that its body, and green polka dot pattern on its ear and paw. I named this bear “Krispy” from the donut brand, since its ear and paw look like the donut box.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! He's soooo cute! I think sewing is an admirable hobby because you can design your own clothing, if you want, including non-girly fashion. :D My mother has never sewn or done any traditional activities (she is a career-woman) but I have recently learned to knit. I feel the same way about completing an item, and also it feels good to take time and make something simple. Humans are missing those things now and we forget to appreciate homemade work. We buy things and then throw them away because they were not made with love!